Keeping an eye on my world!

Keeping an eye on my world!
"Don't Blink"

Sunday, November 9, 2008

GOING ONCE, GOING TWICE.......SOLD



Bet you know what my new passion is....... Thanks to my friend Teri who thought I needed a new diversion......An Auction Queen is born!

But what should my major focus be???? Jewelry....linens.......chairs.....or just box lots where half the fun is seeing just exactly what treasures are buried in that box? So far I have tried all of the above.

Will I ever be a collector? Not in the purest sense....cuz I guess I am just a "pack rat" by nature so I am truly attempting to use good judgement in my purchases.

So far.......
  • A couple box lots of frames - they will come in handy for framing those works of art I am creating. Actually - some are really quite interesting, some antiques and even a couple with canvas pictures (most of those are just begging to be painted over).
  • A few lots of jewelry. The good news is that in one of the $3.00 lots was a beautiful peacock pin - one just sold for almost $40.00 on ebay a couple weeks ago - so perhaps a can make a few bucks on that one. Some of the other pieces are saleable and there is always the option of remaking some of the pieces.
  • And of course there is always the linens - new tableclothes for me and my daughter, napkins to match and even better - some beautiful linen napkins whose deep desire is to be dyed using batik as the method.
  • There are also some items that will be Christmas presents so they must remain a secret for now.
  • My favorites are the chairs. And why?????? They are going to be painted with whimsical patterns. One or two should be good enough for the Artist Guild's "Chairity Auction" to raise money for a scholarship fund.

Obviously, it's late - just couldn't seem to sleep tonight......but actually I am feeling a little drowsy - so will sign off for now.

Hopefully pleasant dreams will ensue directly.

No comments: